Foster families in full time foster care
In full time foster care, children and adolescents are accommodated in a familiar setting.
Full time foster care includes care, education, and support “around the clock”.
As a foster family you enjoy the protection of family autonomy and at the same act “on behalf of the public”.
It is the link between private education and public interest.
- opening one’s own family, giving children and adolescents who can no longer live in their family of origin a long-term home
- the willingness to give these children and adolescents the special support they often need in their development
- acceptance and appreciation of the child’s special life paths, recognition of their biography and openness with all these involved: parents of origin, child’s welfare service, legal guardian, specialist service, doctors, and institutions.
- intensive preparation and training for the tasks as foster parents
- accompanying advice and support during the entire time
- regular trainings, further education and meeting of foster
- reflection talks
- help in crisis situations
- support in contact with the family of origin
- families, couples (same sex as well) and civil partnerships with or without child, also with migration background
- single parents with appropriate network
- one of the caregivers in the caring family should preferably have a pedagogical or comparable qualification or a corresponding amount of experience in this area